Five men died during the construction of the Mackinac Bridge. The names of the five workers and dates of death: Frank Pepper, September 16, 1954; James R. LeSarge, October 10, 1954; Albert Abbott, October 25, 1954; Jack C. Baker, June 6, 1956; and, Robert Koppen, June 6, 1956. Information about the five workers who died during construction of the Mackinac Bridge can be found in Mr. Larry Rubin’s book titled “Bridging the Straits”.
- As traffic increases and delays return, Mackinac Bridge Authority asks customers to be patient
- April 2020 Traffic Report
- 2020 Mackinac Bridge Walk suspended
- Update - Ways to view and comment on May 13 Mackinac Bridge Authority special meeting
- Special meeting May 13 to discuss Annual Bridge Walk