- Maximum speed limit is 45 mph.
- No U-turns.
- No stopping on the Mackinac Bridge.
- In the event of a flat tire or motor failure, please remain in your vehicle. Bridge personnel on duty will investigate and assist.
- Use four-way flashers while vehicle is disabled.
- Travel in right lane – no passing.
- 500-foot spacing – no tailgating.
- Use four-way flashers.
- Maximum speed is 20 mph.
- Rules Enforced from toll plaza to Jamet Street exit.
- Trucks with a gross load of over 40 tons must request escort prior to crossing.
- Maximum allowable vehicle weight is 72 tons.
- Transportation of flammable liquids, liquid gases, explosives and other placarded loads requires an escort by bridge personnel. Persons transporting these loads must call Bridge Services at 906-643-7600 for escort.
- Oversized vehicles must call 24 hours in advance to arrange a bridge escort.
Other restrictions may be in effect due to weather conditions or construction projects.
Please tune to 530 or 1610 am radio while in the Straits area.