The width of the roadway is 54 feet. The outside lanes are 12 feet wide (2), the inside lanes are 11 feet wide (2), the center mall is 2 feet wide, and the catwalk, curb and rail width is 3 feet on each side – totaling 54 feet. The stiffening truss width in the suspended span is 68 feet wide making it wider than the roadway it supports.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns, Mackinac Bridge Authority will not accept cash transactions starting Saturday
- Mackinac Bridge painting project wins third award
- Mackinac Bridge Authority suspends driver assistance program to help slow the spread of COVID-19
- Mackinac Bridge painting project wins second award
- October, November and December 2019 Traffic Report