There are two large finger joints at the towers to accommodate all the expansion of the suspended spans. There are 11 smaller finger joints and 5 sliding joints across the Mackinac Bridge. In addition, there are 13 expansion joints for the south viaduct spans – one for each of these simple spans. This adds up to a total of 31 total joints.
- As traffic increases and delays return, Mackinac Bridge Authority asks customers to be patient
- April 2020 Traffic Report
- 2020 Mackinac Bridge Walk suspended
- Update - Ways to view and comment on May 13 Mackinac Bridge Authority special meeting
- Special meeting May 13 to discuss Annual Bridge Walk