All suspension bridges are designed to move to accommodate wind, change in temperature, and weight. It is possible that the deck at center span could move as much as 35 feet (east or west) due to high winds. This would only happen under severe wind conditions. The deck would not swing or “sway” but rather move slowly in one direction based on the force and direction of the wind. After the wind subsides, the weight of the vehicles crossing would slowly move it back into center position.
- As traffic increases and delays return, Mackinac Bridge Authority asks customers to be patient
- April 2020 Traffic Report
- 2020 Mackinac Bridge Walk suspended
- Update - Ways to view and comment on May 13 Mackinac Bridge Authority special meeting
- Special meeting May 13 to discuss Annual Bridge Walk