Posted on September 12th, 2016Some engineering professors had an idea to monitor bridges with sensors powered with the vibrations generated by traffic. Think self-winding watch. Those professors, including one at Michigan State University, think they have mastered the technology. But they needed a real-world platform to try it out. Enter B… Read More
Posted on September 5th, 201255th Annual Bridge Walk another success Approximately 45,000 walkers crossed the Mackinac Bridge on a gorgeous Labor Day this year – up 25 percent from last year despite record-high holiday gas prices. Prior to the walk, a handful of runners celebrated the Pure Michigan FIT campaign and hit the bridge deck to… Read More
Posted on July 20th, 2012Snyder reappoints Gnodtke and Musser to Mackinac Bridge Authority Gov. Rick Snyder today announced the reappointments of William Gnodtke, of Charlevoix, and Dan Musser, of Petoskey and Mackinac Island, to the Mackinac Bridge Authority. Established in 1950, the seven-member Mackinac Bridge Authority authori… Read More
Posted on March 23rd, 2012Mackinac Bridge to “Light It Blue” April 2 for autism awareness Fast Facts:
– “Light It Blue Michigan” autism-awareness campaign begins April 2.
– Special bridge-viewing ceremony begins at 8 p.m. at the St. Ignace Country Club; Mackinac Bridge officials will “Ligh… Read More
Posted on March 14th, 2012Gov. Snyder announces MBA to partner with Merit Network to expand Internet service in Michigan Fast Facts:
– Agreement will create or enhance Internet service in Michigan rural areas.
– Michigan will invest $247 million in federal broadband funding involving fiber-optic strands.
– Cables cr… Read More
Posted on December 13th, 2011Mackinac Bridge passenger vehicles tolls to be $4 starting Jan. 1 Effective Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012, the following rates will go into effect (per crossing): – Auto/passenger vehicle: $4; vehicle with trailer: $2 per axle
– Commuter: $2*
– Other, including commercial trucks and motor homes: $5 per… Read More
Posted on October 4th, 2011Mackinac Bridge Authority Board will meet again in December The Mackinac Bridge Authority meeting scheduled for October 2011 has been postponed until December 8th-9th, 2011. It will be held at the Mackinac Bridge Administration building in St. Ignace.… Read More
Posted on September 5th, 2011Approximately 36,000 Participate in 2011 Annual Bridge Walk The Mackinac Bridge Authority today announced that approximately 36,000 people participated in the 54th Annual Bridge Walk held on Labor Day this year. The traditional walk first began back in 1958.… Read More
Posted on June 22nd, 2011MBA Board Extends Commuter Account Expiration Date At its regular board meeting on June 16, 2011, the Mackinac Bridge Authority (MBA) Board extended the commuter account expiration date from Dec. 31, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012. For questions about the program, please contact the MBA administration offices at 906-643… Read More
Posted on April 21st, 2011Off with the old, on with the new – Bridge projects to keep Mackinac Bridge in top shape Work this summer on an iconic National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark is all part of a long-term preservation strategy designed to extend the life of the 53-year old Mackinac Bridge. Crews will be painting, repairing,… Read More
- Michigan National Guard helicoptors to fly in the vicinity of the Mackinac Bridge Tuesday
- Brief Mackinac Bridge closures early Wednesday morning for equipment move
- Mackinac Bridge Authority update Wednesday on 2018 Annual Bridge Walk details
- May Traffic Report
- New video explains Mackinac Bridge Walk options, changes